The numbing.... it worked. For about 4 years. I broke off relationships that previously would've devastated me. I divorced a guy without blinking an eye. I made it through basic training, and managed to go home twice a year and not shed a tear every time I'd have to walk away from my mom & dad at the airport while they both cried. My feelings are finally coming back to me now.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
3 weeks down, 5 days to go
I don't remember the last time I was so excited to see a person. Spent three hours out by the pool in the blistering sun, soaking up the rays and reading a good book... and every once in awhile, I would pause and remember that in less than a week, he'll be back. It makes me smile every time. I'm so excited, like a little kid on Christmas Eve. Some people may roll their eyes and say, "corny." I love it. Five years ago, I promised myself that I would make attempts to numb myself from emotions - I was so messed up from having the highest highs ripped out from under me and ending up in the lowest lows.... the rollercoaster was awful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment