Saturday, July 24, 2010

I think I'm being tested.

Today started out horribly. Seriously bad. So awful that I was almost numb to it.... speechless. Like, I'm already depressed why did shit have to take a hard left turn? Wake up to realize my debit card, credit card, and phone were stolen. My friend's debit card was stolen, too. It kind of went along with the whole "one happy step forward, two miserable steps back" thing I was talking about. Last night was a blast, I had so much fun! And then.... shit. I was robbed. I was thinking wow... the cosmos are just fucking with me now.

I woke up feeling like shit, nauseous and with a splitting headache. But there was no time to nurse a hangover, I had work to do - drive to my friend's, use their phone, cancel my debit card, cancel my credit card, go to Verizon and have them cancel phone service. I came home and cried while thinking to myself, "this would've never happened if Ron were here," and really just wishing he was home. I didn't feel like sitting in the apartment alone, but I also didn't feel up to being around anybody. I just wanted a hug from Ron and to talk to him. The cards were cancelled, fine - easy enough I guess. Still sucks, I have no access to money until I get the replacements. But the PHONE.... dammit, not my phone! It has my pictures, emails, texts, phone numbers, everything.... stuff that can't be replaced. My access to the outside world (aside from the computer). My way to talk to Ron anywhere I go while he's gone. My way to talk to my best friend anytime.

I tried to cook myself some breakfast and burned it. My skin is horribly, EMBARRASSINGLY broken out. It just was NOT my day. Felt like everything I touched would turn to shit.

And then my friend got a phone call from somebody that had found my phone. So, in an instant, the clouds were lifted and I suddenly felt good again. Well, not physically - I'm still pretty rough from last night. Glad that the guy who found my phone believed in karma. The world needs more people like that.

So, after sitting by the pool and reading, and getting my phone back - cooked myself some turkey burgers and homemade sweet potato fries. Watching Animal Planet with my cat. I feel so much better, now all I need is for my other half to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment